Friday, March 21, 2008

Week 8, Thing #18

Way back in Week One we were advised to create a toolkit,and now I see the wisdom of this but of advice! I now have more passwords than a CIA operative has passports, for the many different applications I am trying. The easiest method for me has been to bookmark the web sites in folders on my home computer (too many of them are blocked at work), and email myself passwords and keep those in a folder in my home email. I also printed out lots of "how to" info and the passwords and keep those in a manila folder on my desk. Anyhow, on to online word processing and spreadsheet applications! Very nice, organized list posted on the 2.0 blog, and that was an easy way to explore. Our LMT group in our District is currently working on a Selection policy and we have been emailing long documents back and forth, so my first project will be to post our rough draft on Zoho so we can all collaborate online and have a pretty good idea of where we are going with it once we actually meet in three weeks. Lots of great ideas from other libraries, including links to resources. I am going to try to post my latest "Top 10" web sites I do for students and staff, using my new Zoho account. Stay tuned . . .

No comments: