Saturday, March 8, 2008

Week 4, Thing #8 RSS Feeds & Google Reader

My nifty igoogle page in place, with Google Reader embedded in it and RSS feeds from several education, library, political and technology sites in place, the news now comes to me voluminously Another site I need to explore more is Feedster.com, another "aggregator" site. And a "widget" or was it a "gadget" allowed me to share some interesting content on my blog by embedding a link from my Google Reader page to my blog. Wow! I now have a "web presence," and even read an article about "webetiquette" and how to be a "good date" online by using proper language, responding promptly to comments on my blog (I admit I didn't know I could or should, but now that I know I certainly will). Why not encourage students to have their own igoogle page? They could use the calendar to organize their assignments, the Google Reader for research (have an aggregator find articles on their topic for them), and begin collaborating via blogs and wikis. Okay, I admit, I am finally "getting it." Thank you, 2.0 team, for pointing the way!

1 comment:

IrmaPince said...

You are finding your way and in record time too. Glad you are finding some of these 2.0 tools helpful.