Thursday, February 21, 2008

Week 3, Thing #5


One of the first activities I did with EL students in the library was a note taking lesson for a short research project. I had taught EL students for several years, and found them to be very motivated and eager to learn new skills. To make this lesson work, I pre selected materials at their reading level so that the focus was successfully taking notes in a short period of time. We also made a simple Works Cited page. It took me much longer than I anticipated to post this blog and picture; I had to first create a Yahoo account, then a Flickr account, then had fun exploring Flickr. I felt guilty at first about "wasting" time doing this, then realized that School Library Learning 2.0 is all about learning by playing!

2 comments:

IrmaPince said...

And you did get it posted. Congratulations. The next time it will be easier. You will soon discover that one of the big challenges of this adventure is keeping track of all the logins/passwords that you will accumulate along the way.

Library Lady said...

Yeah, Puma Librarian!

I remember that some of the accounts were through Google and some through Yahoo, so I had to create email accounts with both.